People planning to attend President Donald Trump’s upcoming campaign rallies must first agree that they won’t sue the campaign if they end up with COVID-19, according to registration information sent out for the MAGA rally in Tulsa, Oklahoma.
In documents sent out on Thursday, Trump campaign Chief Operating Officer Michael Glassner said there is no better place than Tulsa to restart the president’s rallies, which went on hold in March because of the coronavirus pandemic, reports Politico.
But on the registration page for the June 19 event, above a red “register” button, the site has a disclaimer that says people who click the button are “acknowledging that an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present.”
It further warns attendees and guests that if they attend the rally, they “voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure of COVID-19” and agree not to hold the Trump campaign, the Tulsa BOK Center, or other related parties “liable for any illness or injury.”
However, the page does not mention any recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to wear a mask when indoors in crowded situations or anything about social distancing requirements.
According to Oklahoma’s state coronavirus reporting page, the state has 7,626 cases overall, with 6,263 recoveries and 357 deaths. Cases began to spike earlier this month, with health officials saying the increase had been expected when the state began to reopen.
Glassner said Trump is “fired up and ready to rebuild, restore, and renew the American Dream. There’s no doubt that the Great American Comeback is here. We are looking forward to the tremendous crowds and enthusiasm behind President Trump.”
© 2020 Newsmax. All rights reserved.